New Business and Sales Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge? We are looking for a New Business and Sales Manager to join our growing team.
Full-time 35 hours per week, £27,500
Perth or Edinburgh (with responsibilities in all our locations).
We are a social enterprise and charitable company. Now the largest recycler of bikes in the UK with 25 employees and a turnover of £750,000 our aim is a future where everyone has the opportunity to cycling and its benefits, and access to the support, advice and skills they need to keep their bike safely on the road. We refurbish donated bikes, sell them at affordable prices and use the proceeds to overcome barriers to cycling in Scotland.
As part of the Senior Management team, you will be responsible for ensuring The Bike Station achieves its commercial income targets. You will lead on the development of new business and sales opportunities, providing detailed information on clear commercial value. Responsible for the success of the Edinburgh, Perth and Dundee retail environments. In collaboration with the Senior Management team, provide direction and support to the on-site Coordinators to ensure the effective coordination of day to day activities.
- Develop and implement long term commercial income strategies in support of the charity’s overall strategic vision.
- Development of new business opportunities, demonstrating commercial value, a clear business case and how it furthers The Bike Station’s charitable objectives.
- Work in collaboration with Communications and Marketing Manager to support effective external communication and marketing strategies.
- Responsible for multi-site achievement of retail and sales targets across the organisation.
- Presentation of alternative sale options for refurbished bikes including pop-up sales, hub and spokes models.
- Development and maintenance of local partnerships including commercial, third sector and active travel stakeholders in Perth, Edinburgh and Dundee.
- In collaboration with the Production Manager develop, coordinate and deliver sales and new product training to the Production team.
- Oversee the activity of the Cycle Friendly Award Officers, developing new business opportunities as a result of their activity.
- Oversee the development, coordination and successful delivery of commercial offerings, including but not limited to commercial Dr Bike.
- Oversee the activity of local Coordinators, supporting the achievement of targets, delivering sales and new product training.
- In collaboration with the Senior Management team, provide direction and support to the on-site Coordinators to ensure the effective coordinators of day to day activities.
- Other duties as required.
Development of corporate partnerships to further our commercial and charitable objectives.
- Proven track record of a successful sales growth strategy within local retail and sales
- Experience of developing new and commercial business opportunities
- Significant commercial experience within the bicycle trade (or equivalent), including sales, and securing new products for sale
- Proven experience with accurate sales forecasting, costing and budgeting
- Strong partnership development, including from commercial, public and third sector organisation
- Experience of multi-site line management, motivating and supporting teams.
- Demonstrable experience of maintaining core organisational values when developing corporate partnership
- Good understanding of the third sector and the financial challenges within the sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good financial acumen and commercial business sense
- An entrepreneurial approach
- Strong business minded individual with a desire to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Great interpersonal skills needed to understand dealers needs as well as develop and maintain positive working.
- Efficient time management is essential to effectively carry out the role.
Closing date: 21st March 2020
Please email completed application form email@example.com