Communications and Marketing Manager (Impact and Value)
Are you looking for a new challenge? We are looking for a Comms and Marketing Manager to join our growing team.
Part-time 21 hours per week, £25,000 pro-rata.
Perth or Edinburgh (with responsibilities in all our locations).
We are a social enterprise and charitable company. Now the largest recycler of bikes in the UK with 25 employees and a turnover of £750,000 our aim is a future where everyone has the opportunity to cycling and its benefits, and access to the support, advice and skills they need to keep their bike safely on the road. We refurbish donated bikes, sell them at affordable prices and use the proceeds to overcome barriers to cycling in Scotland.
As part of the Senior Management team, you will be responsible for the development and successful delivery of The Bike Station’s communication and marketing strategies. You will lead on the development and integration of evaluation frameworks across the organisation to enable us to clearly demonstrate and communicate the impact and value of our activity. You will be responsible for the impact, quality and improvement of all external communications and marketing, raising our profile, our income and local engagement. The role will lead on the development of all digital and printed marketing materials and fundraising campaigns to engage the public, stakeholders and funders.
- Develop and maintain robust and effective external communication and marketing strategies to support The Bike Station’s achievement of its organisational objectives.
- Lead on promoting an evidence-based approach and develop and support an impact and values-based culture within and across The Bike Station.
- Develop, embed and utilise activity and project level evaluation frameworks, measurements and tools and periodically review and revise the system so that it is adapted appropriately to changing operating contexts.
- In collaboration with the Communities Manager, support the development of a fundraising campaign to help secure unrestricted income.
- In collaboration with New Business and Sales Manager, support the development of business opportunities and commercial strategies.
- Ensure information is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders, staff and volunteers.
- Deliver training and support to all staff and volunteers to build the knowledge and skills of the team to use appropriate tools to evidence the impact of their work.
- Oversight of the development of organisations website, social networks and the activity delivered by our Communications and Marketing intern.
- Responsible for creating a house style guide and branding guidelines; championing brand identity, and ensuring messaging consistency within all external communications.
- Development of the concept, design, copy, production and print of annual and project-based impact reports.
- Preparation of quarterly bulletins for all staff and volunteers.
- Other duties as required.
- Development and delivery of successful and impactful communication and marketing strategies
- Excellent knowledge of evidence-based approaches
- Development and use of evaluation tools which capture qualitative evidence of impact
- Design and production of digital and printed marketing tools
- Experience managing a small team
- Working in a third sector and commercial setting
- Understanding of inclusive and accessible communication
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and systematic approaches
- Great time-management skills and high attention to detail
- Innovative, analytical and a great problem solver
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Closing date: 21st March 2020
Please email completed application form firstname.lastname@example.org