To help protect the health of everyone in our community we are temporarily changing the way we run The Bike Station.
The Bike Station will remain OPEN for the or the sale of refurbished bikes and accessories. Please note the adjusted shop hours below.
Our Opening hours are: Saturday 10am-4.30pm for bike sales and on the spot repairs.
We will be changing how we do things to make sure our team and our communities stay safe AND so you can still cycle home an affordable quality refurbished bike.
Please read all the information below to understand how we operate at the moment. If you’d like to buy a bike we’d like to make sure it is as safe and still an enjoyable experience as possible!
Coming to the shop
Firstly, if you are feeling under the weather please stay at home.
- From 10 July face coverings are mandatory (with certain exceptions) in our branches to protect customers and staff, so please come prepared. No face covering. No entry.
- The door will be locked, please knock.
- Waiting outside? Please queue 2 metres apart.
- In Edinburgh, we have a two in two out policy and two queues – one for bike sales; the other for parts, minor repairs and warranty enquiries.
- In both branches we use a one-way system in store. Look out for the arrows on the floor and please follow any advice provided by our team.
- So we can keep the queues moving we will ask you to complete you purchase as quickly as possible, with a guide time of 10 minutes per person.
- There are no test rides currently, however our 3 month warranty remains.
- To help us keep things clean please do not handle items unnecessarily.
Card payments only. We will clean the machine each time.
We are still doing minor repairs on the spot on Saturdays, but please wait outside until it’s finished and the mechanic will let you know when to come in.
We will clean your bike when it’s received and when it’s handed back.
Please take a look at our FAQ page which may have the answers to your questions.
We want to help people start cycling and keep cycling – and that begins with the bike.
A reconditioned bike from the Bike Station has been refurbished with care by one of our qualified expert bike mechanics, and comes with a three month warranty (which covers everything except punctures) for your peace of mind. It’s a cost effective and environmentally friendly way to buy a bike. What’s more – every penny of your purchase also supports our charitable work promoting cycling, for that added feel good factor.
What We Sell
We sell all kinds of secondhand bikes. We will almost always have road, hybrid, mountain and shopper style bikes in stock, as well as a wide range of kids bikes and trailers.
Sometimes we’ll have more specialised bikes in stock such as tandems, choppers and vintage classics. If you’re in the market for something special, then feel free to call us in advance. Alternatively keep an eye on our Twitter or Facebook pages, where we’ll often advertise rarities that we have for sale.
Not sure what bike would suit you best? Our friendly staff will help you find the bike that suits you and your lifestyle. We encourage you to test ride our bikes in our car park to help you find “the one”.
We also sell a wide range of new accessories, such as bells, lights, helmets and locks to help you keep you safe and secure on your adventures on your new bike.
When you buy from us, you can be sure of the quality. That’s because we’re approved by Revolve – Scotland’s national accreditation for organisations that sell quality refurbished and reconditioned goods. This means that as an organisation we’re fully committed to providing great products, good value and excellent customer service.
The average price range of an adult’s bike is £100-£200, but prices start at £75.
Children’s bikes vary in price. Prices start at £20 and go up to £50, depending on the wheel size and quality.
We have free parking in front of the shop if you’re coming by car so you can easily transport your new wheels home. And if you feel you need a bit of cycle training then just ask us or find out more here.