Welcome to The Bike Station
The Bike Station is a small, but mighty charity based in Scotland, with branches in Perth and Edinburgh.
We upcycle pre-loved bikes and then sell them at affordable prices. We are truly nuts (and bolts) about cycling and believe it is a great way to keep fit, see the countryside and get around town. We also want to help the planet by reducing waste and recycling the equipment that we already have. There is a bike for everyone out there and we can help you find yours.
We use the profits from bike sales to help people across Scotland get cycling. This includes offering bike maintenance and safety courses, training for young people and providing hero bikes for frontline workers. The Bike Station also works with a number of community partners to get bicycles to people who wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford them.
Along with many other organisations, 2020 was a tough year for us. Thanks to all of our patient customers who queued outside to see our bikes. We appreciate those of you who came out of your way to donate a bike, as well as our thoughtful friends who sent us photos of their cycling adventures. It really did bring a smile to our faces.
We are open!
We are open every Friday and Saturday, from 10am to 4:30pm, for bike sales and repairs.
Whilst coronavirus is still a national concern (and we believe this will still be the case for most of 2021), we are keen to promote a safe environment for customers and staff.
We only allow two customers in the shop at any one time, which means sometimes there can be a bit of a wait. Bring a warm coat, gloves and scarf and we’ll do our very best to help you out as quickly as possible.
Visiting our shops
If you’re planning to pay us a visit (and we’d love to see you), please consider the following guidelines:
- If you are feeling under the weather please stay at home. Sometimes caring is not sharing.
- Face coverings are mandatory (with certain exceptions) in our branches to protect customers and staff, so come prepared. No face covering, no entry!
- The door will be locked, please knock.
- Waiting outside? Please queue 2 metres apart.
- In Edinburgh, we have a two in two out policy and two queues – one for bike sales; the other for parts, minor repairs and warranty enquiries.
- In Perth, we have a single queue and a one in one out policy.
- In order to keep the queues moving, we ask you to complete your purchase as quickly as possible, with a guide time of 10 minutes per person. Obviously our primary focus is that you are happy with your bike!
- To help us keep things clean please do not handle items unnecessarily, there is a hand sanitizer available when you enter the store.
We would love your old bikes and will give them whatever TLC and new parts they need to get them back on the road with new owners.
Generally we accept bikes when our Perth and Edinburgh shops are open (Fridays, Saturdays, 10am to 4:30pm), but try and nudge donations to a Friday where possible because we tend to be less busy.
At the moment, we are only taking payments by card, in the shop. We do not currently track stock online and therefore do not offer online sales.
We have a lot of bikes and our stock ranges enormously from week to week. We encourage you to visit the shop in-person where possible. If you have a disability, but know what sort of bike you’d like, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do for you. 🙂