We have the scenery, skills and sass to make a significant environmental and community impact with our work. Our mission is to promote cycling in all its forms by:
- Refurbishing donated bikes and re-using components.
- Enabling healthier, happier and more affordable journeys.
- Developing skills, confidence and the spirit of adventure.
- Supporting better connected and environmentally sustainable communities.
Using bicycles as a vehicle for social change is at the heart of our work.
Our bikes play a vital part in providing an affordable and reliable means of transport, helping contribute to an individual’s personal and financial wellbeing. They also keep us fit and healthy, whether it’s working our heart and lungs, or simply letting our minds wander in the fresh air. In 2020, they may have well kept us sane.
Annually we save over 5,000 bikes a year from landfill and provide over 2,500 people with affordable refurbished bicycles. We’re a big deal with a good deal.
Our diverse team of mechanics and volunteers refurbish bicycles which become the foundation for our community work. The bikes not used for communities work are for sale in our shops. Our community activity is well established, and across our programmes, we enable greater:
- access to affordable bikes
- mental health and confidence building
- skills development and pathways to employment
We work with several different communities across our programmes including youth groups, employability charities, all-ability cycling groups, prisons, universities, nurseries and workplaces. Whilst we have programmes that have been running for many years, we also adapt to the needs of communities.
If you have an idea for improving the world through cycling, our doors are open and we’d love to hear from you.