Title: Upcycling Operative/Driver
We are a social enterprise and charitable company. Now the largest recycler of bikes in the UK with 25 employees and a turnover of £750,000 our aim is a future where everyone has the opportunity for cycling and its benefits, and access to the support, advice and skills they need to keep their bike safely on the road. We refurbish donated bikes, sell them at affordable prices and use the proceeds to overcome barriers to cycling in Scotland.
Job Location: Perth, Scotland
Part-Time 14 hours per week. Contract, Fixed term until March 2022 Competitive rates of pay.
Pension 6% employer contribution.
How to apply,
Email with CV and Covering Letter plus 2 referees
The post-holder will ensure safe and efficient storage and collection of bikes and parts. The key to this will be the management of the information concerning these bikes and parts. IT systems will be used to allocate stock numbers and track bikes and parts as they move through the business’s inventories and onto the shop floor. The post holder will work with and guide our volunteers with parts harvesting and storage. The logistics of our work with the Scottish Prison Service are also supported by this role via pick-ups and drop-offs of bikes selected from our managed inventory. Good knowledge of bicycles (old and new) and components are needed to be given the diversity of donations. Sorting of scrap metal and recording of data for this process.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Donations- Logged in and stored.
- Weekly warehouse stock count
- Harvesting parts for refurbishment
- Scrap metal taken to scrapyards.
- Advising volunteers on harvesting bike parts and storage
- Report on product flow through the business and logistics
- Lifting of bikes /parts will be required on a regular basis
- Liaising with shops regarding parts, stock and bicycles
- Keeping the warehouse clean and tidy and organised into bike types
- Adhering to all Health and Safety requirements including Covid-19 and safe warehouse practices
- Weekly vehicle checks
- Oversee warehouse volunteer activities
- Full Driving licence is essential (3 points is acceptable)
- Good level of IT experience
- Familiar with a wide range of bicycles from different eras and price points.
- Good mechanical knowledge of bicycles
- Able to work as a team member
- Confident using spreadsheets, databases and other electronic point of sale systems
- Calm, motivated, organized and able to work on own initiative.
Application is by CV, including 2 referees and a letter of interest, stating why you would like the role and outlining how you fit the person specification, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. www.thebikestation.org.uk
Deadline for applications: 12 noon Thursday 29th July 2021 * now extended until 12th of August *
— — —