Perth Bike Station
WE ARE OPEN!
Our Opening hours are: Saturday 10am -4.30pm for bike sales and on the spot repairs. We will be closed on 28 & 29 August 2020. Our address is: The Bike Station, 284 High St, Perth PH1 5QS.
We’ve listened to customer feedback and have made improvements to how we do things. We want to make sure our team and our communities stay safe AND that you can still cycle home an affordable quality refurbished bike. Please read all the information below to understand how we operate at the moment.
Coming to the shop
Firstly, if you are feeling under the weather please stay at home.
- From 10 July face coverings are mandatory (with certain exceptions) in our branches to protect customers and staff, so please come prepared. No face covering. No entry.
- The door will be locked, please knock.
- Waiting outside? Please queue 2 metres apart.
- In Perth, we have a single queue and a one in one out policy.
- We use a one-way system in store. Look out for the arrows on the floor and please follow any advice provided by our team.
- So we can keep the queues moving we will ask you to complete you purchase as quickly as possible, with a guide time of 10 minutes per person.
- There are no test rides currently, however our 3 month warranty remains.
- To help us keep things clean please do not handle items unnecessarily.
Card payments only. We will clean the machine each time.
We are doing minor repairs on the spot on Saturdays only (puncture repair and minor adjustments), but please wait outside until it’s finished and the mechanic will let you know when to come in. We will clean your bike when it’s received and when it’s handed back.
We will be accepting donations only on FRIDAYS [10.00am-4.30pm]. We will be closed on 28 & 29 August 2020.
Keep your eyes open for some exciting developments.
Stay safe and ride bikes!
#Love bikes and adventure
See you soon
From the team at The Bike Station in Perth and Edinburgh
Perth Bike Station opened in 2010 with just two staff members. We have come a long way since then – as of July 2017 we have collected over 25,000 bicycles across Perth & Kinross and have seven members of staff and twelve volunteers.
Perth has lots of projects on the go – we are especially proud to work with the Scottish Prison Service on a Robertson Trust funded project that works with offenders. Other projects include a Scottish and Southern Energy funded Build Your Own Bike project in Aberfeldy, and working with the Sustrans iBike project in schools. We have developed a programme of Dr Bike sessions at Dundee University, Ninewells Hospital and Perth and Kinross Council, promoted Bikeability sessions in local schools, and supported a training workshop in The Murray Royal Hospital. We also work with volunteers from the Perth & Kinross Council Employment Support Team and provide work placements for Barnardo’s Works.