Perth Bike Station
WE ARE OPEN!
Our Opening hours are: Saturday 10am -4.30pm for bike sales and some minor repairs.
We will be changing how we do things to make sure our team and our communities stay safe AND so you can still cycle home an affordable quality refurbished bike.
Please read all the information below to understand how we operate at the moment.
If you’d like to buy a bike we’d like to make sure it is as safe and still an enjoyable experience as possible!
Coming to the shop
Firstly, if you are feeling under the weather please stay at home.
- Our opening hours are: Saturday 10am -4.30pm for bike sales and some minor repairs
- Please note that the door will be locked, so please knock.
- Waiting outside? – Please queue 2 meters apart, we have some tyres which are spaced out to stand in.
- We will allow 1 customer in the shop at a time, and to help ensure everyone gets a look, we will let you stay for a maximum of 10 minutes. If you would like to browse longer, many of our bikes will be on social media.
For the time being there will be no test rides however the usual 3-month warranty remains.
- To help us manage keeping things clean – please do not handle things unnecessarily in the shop.
- We currently aren’t accepting any donations,
- There are also no FYOB sessions
Card payments only. We will clean the machine each time, or if you see a bike on our social media you can pay by bank transfer and collect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve the bike and arrange the payment.
We are doing minor repairs on the spot on Saturdays only (as puncture repair and minor adjustments), but please wait outside until it’s finished and the mechanic will let you know when to come in. We will clean your bike when it’s received and when it’s handed back.
We will be accepting donations only on FRIDAYS [10.00am-4.30pm].
Keep your eyes open for some exciting developments.
Stay safe and ride bikes!
#Love bikes and adventure
See you soon
From the team at The Bike Station in Perth and Edinburgh
Perth Bike Station opened in 2010 with just two staff members. We have come a long way since then – as of July 2017 we have collected over 25,000 bicycles across Perth & Kinross and have seven members of staff and twelve volunteers.
Perth has lots of projects on the go – we are especially proud to work with the Scottish Prison Service on a Robertson Trust funded project that works with offenders. Other projects include a Scottish and Southern Energy funded Build Your Own Bike project in Aberfeldy, and working with the Sustrans iBike project in schools. We have developed a programme of Dr Bike sessions at Dundee University, Ninewells Hospital and Perth and Kinross Council, promoted Bikeability sessions in local schools, and supported a training workshop in The Murray Royal Hospital. We also work with volunteers from the Perth & Kinross Council Employment Support Team and provide work placements for Barnardo’s Works.
How can we help you today?
- I want to buy a bike (including VOLT™ Electric Bikes)
- I have a bike that needs fixing
- I want to book a Dr Bike session for my business or organisation
- I’d like to volunteer!
- I want to book the Zero Waste Space