Welcome to The Bike Station!
We recycle donated bikes, sell them at affordable prices, and then use the proceeds to help people across Scotland get cycling.
How can we help you?
WE ARE OPEN!
Our Opening hours have been updated: Fridays and Saturdays 10am-4.30pm for bike sales and on the spot repairs. We’ve listened to customer feedback and have made improvements to how we do things. We want to make sure our team and our communities stay safe AND that you can still cycle home an affordable quality refurbished bike. Please read all the information below to understand how we operate at the moment.
Coming to the shop
- If you are feeling under the weather please stay at home.
- Face coverings are mandatory (with certain exceptions) in our branches to protect customers and staff, so please come prepared. No face covering. No entry.
- The door will be locked, please knock.
- Waiting outside? Please queue 2 metres apart.
- In Edinburgh, we have a two in two out policy and two queues – one for bike sales; the other for parts, minor repairs and warranty enquiries.
- In Perth, we have a single queue and a one in one out policy.
- In both branches we use a one-way system in store. Look out for the arrows on the floor and please follow any advice provided by our team.
- So we can keep the queues moving we will ask you to complete you purchase as quickly as possible, with a guide time of 10 minutes per person.
- There are no test rides currently, however our 3 month warranty remains.
- To help us keep things clean please do not handle items unnecessarily.
Card payments only. We will clean the machine each time.
We are doing minor repairs on the spot on Fridays and Saturdays (puncture repair and minor adjustments), but please wait outside until it’s finished and the mechanic will let you know when to come in. We will clean your bike when it’s received and when it’s handed back. Our new Fix Your Own Bike Online sessions will make you more bike confident and self sufficient, keeping your wheels turning.
We will be accepting donations only on FRIDAYS [10.00am-4.30pm] at both our Perth and Edinburgh branches.
Keep your eyes open for some exciting developments. Stay safe and ride bikes!
To donate click the “donate here” button.
I want to donate a bike
I want to buy a bike
I have a bike that needs fixed
I’d like to volunteer!
At the moment we are asking all our volunteers to stay at home, so volunteer recruitment is currently closed.
Fix Your Own Bike Sessions & Dr Bike
As a part of our Covid-19 contingency plan we have postponed our FYOB sessions and Dr Bike until further notice.
How can I help The Bike Station?
My bike was stolen, can you help me find it?
As a charity, all the bikes we receive are donations and we do not buy second hand bikes for resale, therefore we never receive bikes after they have been stolen.
I’ve got an abandoned bike
Abandoned bikes in flat stairwells can be an annoying and a safety hazard. In the first instance, please attempt to contact the owner of the bike by leaving a note on it. If that fails, please call your local Police team by telephoning 101. You can also contact your local Council and/or Councillor to inform them of the problem.