Welcome to The Bike Station!
We recycle donated bikes, sell them at affordable prices, and then use the proceeds to help people across Scotland get cycling.
How can we help you?
WE ARE OPEN!
Our Opening hours are: Saturday 10am -4.30pm for bike sales and some repairs
We will be changing how we do things to make sure our team and our communities stay safe AND so you can still cycle home an affordable quality refurbished bike.
Please read all the information below to understand how we operate at the moment.
If you’d like to buy a bike we’d like to make sure it is as safe and still an enjoyable experience as possible!
Coming to the shop
Firstly, if you are feeling under the weather please stay at home.
- Our Opening hours are: Saturday 10am -4.30pm for bike sales and some repairs
- Please note that the door will be locked, so please knock.
- Waiting outside? – Please queue 2 meters apart, we have some tyres which are spaced out to stand in.
- We will allow 1 customer in the shop at a time, and to help ensure everyone gets a look, we will let you stay for a maximum of 10 minutes. If you would like to browse longer, many of our bikes will be on social media.
For the time being there will be no test rides however the usual 3 month warranty remains.
- To help us manage keeping things clean – please do not handle things unnecessarily in the shop.
- We currently aren’t accepting any donations,
- There are also no FYOB sessions
Card payments only. We will clean the machine each time, or if you see a bike on our social media you can pay by bank transfer and collect, please email email@example.com to reserve the bike and arrange the payment.
We are doing minor repairs on the spot on Saturdays only (as puncture repair and minor adjustments), but please wait outside until it’s finished and the mechanic will let you know when to come in.
We will clean your bike when it’s received and when it’s handed back.
We will be accepting donations only on FRIDAYS [10.00am-4.30pm] at both our Perth and Edinburgh branches.
Keep your eyes open for some exciting developments.
Stay safe and ride bikes!
To donate via a smartphone using the QR below or just use the “donate here” button.
See you soon
From the team at The Bike Station in Perth and Edinburgh
I want to donate a bike
I want to buy a bike
I have a bike that needs fixed
We offer bicycle repairs and servicing in Edinburgh and in Perth. Visit the Edinburgh Repair Services and Perth Repair Services pages to book your bike in for some TLC, check when our Fix Your Own Bike sessions are running in Edinburgh and Perth, also check our prices and other info.
I want to learn how to…
Just want to to learn to maintain your own bike, or do you fancy building up a bike from scratch? Or perhaps you’re interested in cycle training to improve your confidence on the road? We can help! Find out more about the training we offer here:
I want to book a Dr Bike session for my business or organisation
I’d like to volunteer!
Would you like to get involved with The Bike Station? We rely on our amazing volunteers to help us get people cycling across Scotland – sign up here.